Insurance Companies will typically require you to do a medical when;
1. The amount of insurance cover you are applying for reaches a certain level.
2. You have reached a certain age.
3. They have identified a pre-existing medical condition based on your application and require additional information.
Where do I need to go to have the tests done?
In most cases, you do not have to go to a hospital or medical centre for a life insurance medical exam. A life insurance medical exam is often done at your home or workplace. The Prestige Paramedical Group medical professional will come and do the tests and will bring a kit with them to collect samples from you. They will be available to see you from 6am, 7 days a week.
Who will be coming to see me?
Prestige Paramedical Group have been conducting Insurance Medicals and Blood Collection for nearly 20 years. They are known for their experience and professionalism. The medical professional that will attend to you is highly qualified, most likely a degree qualified registered nurse or above, and is well known and trusted by your financial adviser and insurance company.
Do I need to do anything to prepare for the Medical Exam?
Most Insurance blood tests require you to fast for at least 10 hours prior. You will also be required to drink plenty of water and sometimes to refrain from strenuous exercise just prior to the exam. Prestige Paramedical Group will inform you exactly what is required when your appointment is confirmed.
How Long does a Life Insurance Medical Exam Take?
A typical short medical and blood test will take around 20 minutes to complete. This will be slightly longer if a full/comprehensive medical is required.
Procedures to Expect During a Life Insurance Medical Exam
1. Measurement of your weight and height
2. Measurement of your blood pressure and pulse
3. Blood Test (to check things such as cholesterol, liver/kidney functions, and HIV/Hepatitis)
4. Urinalysis (to check things such as protein, glucose, creatinine)
5. Some questions regarding your medical history.
What Happens After a Life Insurance Medical Exam?
After undergoing the medical exam, Prestige Paramedical Group will send your results to your insurance company who will review the results in conjunction with any other information you have provided them.